Thursday, January 6, 2011

Retro Vintage - the de- clutter - a - thon - fabrics, buttons, zips, bias etc etc

My goal for 2011 was to make some more room in my little house, and to do so I just have to declutter the sewing room. So, after careful contemplation I have decided that it is time to say goodbye to all the lovely (and sometimes hideous) vintage retro reclaimed stuff.

So, I have spent one whole day this week sorting, measuring, photographing, packaging and listing my button collection. See www.craftumi.com.au/MakingRoom4U2 for all of the listings, but just one or two photos now to whet your appetite.




Alright, so 5 photo's - how can you choose? they are all so gorgeous!


Now - FABRIC! Sandra came yesterday and helped me through the process of measuring, photographing, identifying and folding just a portion of the fabrics from Evelyn's estate. No disrespect intended to the dear lady, but she was definately the one who died with the most fabric - so she WON! I want Evelyn (Dessy) to retain her title and it not be passed on to me, so I have decided to try to sell off a good deal of what is here.

I need to make room in my home and life for the growing Cathie's Creations business, and I have a goal of buying a new sewing machine. So I have stuck and image of the sewing machine on the wall above my computer and have written on it "YOU WILL BE MINE" and I hope it will give me some purpose.

So, there is around 230 metres of Vintage Retro Fabric. Unbelievable. That is no where near what I collected 3 years ago when Evelyn passed away, because a lot of it went to Vanuatu and was used by the women in the village and girls in the school. Anyway, if I can sell this lot off, it should put me a little further ahead in the sewing machine fund.

I have started to call some vintage retro dealers and antique dealers to make inquiries about selling the whole lot, but I think I will pop it onto Craftumi and perhaps even eBay, and see how I go. Working out the pricings is going to be a nightmare, but will just start and see how it goes.

Here are some photos of my crazy, eclectic Vintage Retro Fabrics:
  
  
  
    

   

   


Well, it is now 4.30 pm on Friday afternoon. The first week of 2011, is coming to an end. Wow, it has been hugely productive for me. Now, i just have to whip out to the shops and get some food, and I'll be back to do some more listings this evening.

Ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment