Monday, May 24, 2010

More New Creations

Last night, I wrote myself a TO DO LIST for this week.
By dinner time tonight I had crossed off more than half of my projects as complete. 
Thus, I have had a very productive day and a super start to the week.
I have finished embellishing the last of my cards, sewn buttons and button holes for the kids art folios, and sewn up all of the wall hangings that you will find below.
I even had time to help my nieces create lovely collages out of scraps of fabric the picked up from my feet. I will make creative artists out of them too.

I have had quite a few people express interest in purchasing some of my creations.
Firstly thanks for taking the time to look at my blog,
and secondly, I am so excited that you like what you see here.

For anyone who is interested I am now going to pop some prices in as I blog
(and have edited in prices into the older blogs).
This is what I will be selling these items for if they make it to the markets.
All prices are in Australian Dollars.
I am happy to post items anywhere in Australia, and internationally,
so feel free to email me for a postage price.

Some items I can make to order, for example, the Library bags. The original designs (Isabelle, Alexander and Isaac in the sewing blog) were extremely time consuming and frustrating to make, so I have refined the process a lot in the past 5 years. Below are photos of 2 more recent Library Bag. I charge $50 each for the bags, personalised and with one applique or pocket. They are fully lined and have strong handles. If you really want a quilted bag, I will make to order but they will cost extra. I also have a range of simple, lined drawstring library bags, if you are interested in them (they start at $15 and are not personalised).

Personalised Library Bags $50 each



EMBROIDERIES

After returning to Australia in January with my broken ankle I stayed with my folks for 9 weeks. Still in plaster, and recovering from surgery, I was not able to use the sewing machine,
so I hand stitched and produced a lot of embroideries.

Life has been pretty tumultuous for me since about September 2009, or maybe even longer, so this time of recovery has offered me ample opportunity to explore somewhat the deeper levels of myself and to dream dreams for the future. I am a real believer in using the creative arts as therapy and particularly fabric art. There is nothing like putting needle and thread together to help you think and process all those feelings that are rushing through you as you recover from an illness or injury. I find stitching so meditative and reflective and for me, every stitch becomes a little prayer for the person, place, or event I am thinking about at the time.

So four months on and this week I have finally added borders, backing, binding and hanging sleeves, so here I have some lovely wall hangings. I really wanted to finish these so I could move on to another project. I hate having things half finished.


"Welcome My Friend" by Melly and Me ($40) 





Fresh Eggs and Chook Chook Chook ($30 each)
would be a wonderful edition to a country kitchen. 


These blue and white embroideries are from a block of the month
by Melly and Me called "Love Is..."
I stitched the complete 9 block wall hanging in red and white about 12 months ago.
These I have made up as individual wall hangings.
They are approximately 30cm (12 inch) square.


"Love your neighbour as yourself" ($30)
  

"Love is ... Angels watching over me" ($30)

"Love is ... tea for two with you!" ($30)

"Love is ...the gift of flowers" ($30)




Kokeshi Dolls ($50)

The Kokeshi Wall hanging came out of the Melly and Me "Kaleidoscope" Book. 
I absolutely adore this one and thinK the border fabric is so perfect for the embroidery.
This one is the largest of all at approx 35 X 50 cm. ($50)




 Pastel Babuskas ($40)


I have a bit of an obsession with Babuska dolls. I have my own set of dolls that have 10 dolls in total. The largest doll is about 30cm high and the smallest is about the size of a grain of rice. I have used it for years as a retreat tool, helping to explain to young people about the layers of the self, what the world sees, being the outer/largest doll and the smallest being that which only God knows intimately.

I searched and searched for a pattern for this one and when I couldn't find one that I liked, I just drew it myself. I love how it turned out and can't believe how extraordinarily different they each look. The pastel one with baby pink gingham borders and binding would look so perfect in a baby girls room, while the bright one would look great anywhere - maybe even on a wall in my house, if no one snaps it up.



Bright Babuskas ($30)


I am going to sell all of these wall hangings for between $30 and $50 each,
so if there is one that takes your fancy now, say so and it is yours.
There are only one of each and I am unlikely to produce anymore,
well at least not in this quantity.
I still have about 15 more to sew up some time in the future.







 More A5 Journal covers with beautiful big buttons and elastic for closure.

I now have 30 journal covers for sale.
These are $25 each with a lined journal included.


Please email me if you are interested in these or any other of my creations

 Wow, time flies. I just realised it is almost 1 am and tomorrow will not be nearly as productive if I stay up any longer. So goodnight and sweet dreams.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment