Monday, August 30, 2010

To Market to Market ......

Wow, I can't believe how time passes so quickly.
I have now done 2 months of markets since my last post.
Here are a couple of pics of the Cathie's Creations Stall all set up and trading.....

Handmade Expo - July

 
Bribie Arts and Crafts Market - July

 
Bribie Arts and Crafts - August

I have been doing quite well at the markets and really enjoying being out there and meeting people, especially the ones who really appreciate my work. I also had the chance to show off my wares at Cleveland Manor at a little afternoon tea recently. Thanks to Mum for getting that one lined up for me. I am hoping to do a display and sale at Wellington Manor in a few weeks and then I might get around to a few other retirement villages. Nice to take the market to those who are not so mobile. The orders have also started to flow in now through the markets as well as family and friends. These are some of my creations from the last few weeks:

A selection of Library Bags in great bright colours with really funky appliques.

Gracie's Library Bag with gorgeous fairy applique
- this photo was taken before she had her face and wand stitched on and also the centres of her hair flowers. I forgot to take a photo of the finished item before Laraine collected it.

I have started a range of Personalised Pillowcases which are proving to be very popular. These are a few that I have already finished, as well as some sample fabrics for those to come. I am going to focus on doing the more subtle but stunning ginghams, as well as really bright spots, stripes and stars.

Gingham pillowcases and gingham colour range

Bright spots, stripes and stars colour range

I will post some samples of the brights range when they are underway.

My two best sellers at the markets would have to be the Coffee Cup Holder and the headbands. Unfortunately I don't have any photos of these to show you unless you look really closely at the market stall photos. Will take a few in the next week or so and post them.
 
The cup holder wraps neatly around the medium and large takeaway coffee cups, so you don't burn your hand. It also keeps the coffee a bit hotter for longer. So far there I have sold about 50 cup holders, and have even sent 3 to the USA with my Auntie Mel.
 
The headbands are just beautiful for the little and not so little girls and I am told they are super comfy and don't dig in behind your ears or give you a headache. I have made a great range of pretty colours and have had requests for school colours. They will be under construction in the next few weeks / months.

Anyway, I think I can hear my sewing machine calling me, or maybe it is my bed, so I will sign off for now. I will try to give you more regular news in the coming months. I just haven't been able to tear myself away for the sewing machine to sit at the computer!!!!

Back to creating ....... bye for now ....







1 comment:

  1. Nice stall at The Handmade Expo...Looks like you have been VERY busy

    ReplyDelete